When pitchfest turns to bitchfest...

Yesterday, I attended the "Inktip Pitch & Networking Summit" in Burbank, CA. www.inktippitchsummit.com

I brought five scripts along with me. Onesheeted and index carded my way through six hours of the madness.

All in all, it was great experience. I would recommend this event highly to anyone interested in taking a stab at pitching their scripts to producers, managers and agents. At the very least, you'll get an idea of what people are interested in and what they're not.

I would say that out of the forty-plus people, I sat in front of, I got several read requests, an assignment, and many, many "follow up with me's". Only six of them gave me "crickets" or a weird vibe until my very last pitch... Yeah... Things were going great until I sat at the table of negativity. Wow. They could've just said, "pass", but instead, I got to hear their version of the history of production. Yes, please talk down to me as if this was my first script. 

I have to say, I was warned by someone, who had just left their table. So, taking it with a grain of salt. I don't care what they think. It's more than possible, I wouldn't like their material either. 

The fact was that they only let me get out my twenty second pitch, before dominating the next four minutes. Then asked me if I had anything else. Seriously? I should pitch you something else in the last forty seconds? So sorry... I wouldn't dare let them get their claws in to another one of my ideas and "shred it as if they'd read it".  It would have been like inviting Satan through your threshold. Once you do that, they can come and go as they please. 

Not in my energy... Be gone!!

So, thank you to all of the wonderful producers and reps, who took the time out of their Saturday to listen to endless stories until they glazed over. 

Thank you to Chris Soth, who helped me reformulate one of my pitches. You are truly a master, and I will be taking you up on your offer very soon.

And Inktip, thank you too, but if you do this again, maybe you should rethink putting more than two pros at a table. Four is too many, and becomes a gang if they are all a$$holes. Just sayin'.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crypto Dust in the Wind

Swiss 1960’s Army Replica Leather Ammo Pouch - Pattern Review

Spice Cake in a Mug - Recipe