Crypto Dust in the Wind





By Linda Andersson


Three years ago, I used to blog and make cryptocurrency related videos, but then things got really tight in the market, so I locked everything down and didn't look back... Until around the holidays, last year when the BTC numbers started to look really good again.

I visited my accounts earlier in 2020, to make sure I hadn't sold anything that needed to be reported on my taxes, but that was the extent of it. I wasn't researching any new coins until I was cleaning up my Bittrex account and sold off what was practically dust in 2018 for around ten bucks. This was when my inner voice said, "the time has come".

So, there I was reorganizing old coins. Some of them worthless, crypto dust in the wind, some of them like sleeper agents ready to get back into the game, and it was up to me to put them into play.

Several of my friends and acquaintances are getting into the game again too. So, you may see some more trading related posts from me now. I am not a professional investment advisor, but I do work in finance and have a grasp on how things work, so I'm happy to share things, I stumble upon along that are working or not working for me. But, still... Do not take this as investment advice, just my opinions for entertainment and sometimes educational purposes. With that being said:

TIP OF THE DAY: Don't catch a falling knife. Meaning, sure... buy low, but not while it's crashing. That's when other investors are parachuting out and making the price go down even lower. Wait until it hits the ground, then research it before buying. And if you only purchase a small portion of crypto and it continues to fall in price, you may not be able to sell it on the exchange or even move anywhere because there are minimums.

PART TWO TIP OF THE DAY: Don't buy when prices are shooting towards the sky. Look for an obvious plateau or you may be the victim of someone else's profit taking.

A couple of great places to research crypto are:

This is where you can chart coins to see their potential. One free custom chart is included with the free subscription. This site tracks regular stocks in addition to crypto and gauges some of them as far as whether it's a good time to buy or not. But, no matter what anyone tells you on a website or a blog post such as this, please do your own research.


This is where you can look up coins to see where they are being traded and look up historical data.
Not all coins are available on all exchanges, so before you open a ton of accounts, try to consolidate your purchases to one or two exchanges at first.

Of all of the exchanges out there, Coinbase is the most user friendly, and once you get a hang of it, they have a pro version.

Open a Coinbase account and we both get free bitcoin: https://www.coinbase.com/join/anders_9zw5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spice Cake in a Mug - Recipe

Swiss 1960’s Army Replica Leather Ammo Pouch - Pattern Review